Fancy a chance to win £100 John Lewis vouchers? To enter you can sign up and purchase tickets for our community lottery online here.
Even if you don’t win this week 50% of your ticket helps support Thornhill Community Trust.
Sat 25th February 2023 in Thornhill Community Hall.
Back in early 2021, during the Covid 19 pandemic, Thornhill Futures carried out a survey of residents’ views about life in Thornhill- what was good and not so good. One outcome was the desire for more community activities to combat feelings of isolation.
Thornhill was once described as a swan- looks quiet and serene on the surface but lots going on underneath!
However, when it comes to listing what’s going on that’s a bit more difficult. There are a number of social and activity clubs and organisation, and some commercial activity groups but sometimes it can be difficult to find out what’s happening where and when.
Perhaps you have an idea for a group or activity and are wondering if others would like to join in.
TCT is planning a day when existing clubs and groups and potential groups can introduce themselves and their ideas to the community and/ or recruit new members.
Once TCT has a list of groups we will invite them to attend on the day.
We will keep you informed about the details nearer the time, but put the date in your calendar now!
Who wouldn’t want to win £1000 John Lewis vouchers? You could do this and support Thornhill Community Trust at the same time.
If you want to be in with a chance go to https://www.stirlingcommunitylottery.scot/support/thornhill-community-trust
Information from Forestry Land Services about planned work in the Trossachs area. This may affect you if you access these paths.
Three Lochs Forest Drive –
· The Three Lochs Drive is now closed to public vehicles until Spring 2023. The toilets are closed but the drive remains accessible to pedestrians all year round.
· There will be Winter harvesting taking place including the continued clear up of Storm Arwen. Please obey all on site signage and advice from operators.
Sallochy Campsite –
· Sallochy campsite is now closed for the 2022 Season
· The Car Park is open to day visitors from 1st November – 28th February
· Please be aware that the composting toilets are closed for Winter.
Loch Chon –
· Harvesting work began on the West side of Loch Chon in September. Due to the complex nature of the works including challenging terrain and constraints, the work requires the use of a winch to extract the timber. The forest road will have to be closed during this time and will require members of the public to use the Stirling Council road running along the East side of the Loch as a diversion.
· In an attempt to mitigate the closure during the remainder of the holidays, we allowed weekend access through the site until the end of September 2022.
· From October 1st onwards, the forest road is now closed 7 days a week and the Statue Labour Road will be diverted along the road to reach the North end of Loch Chon. This closure will be in place until the Spring.
• Ben Ledi HIl path and Car Park are open as normal however there is no access to Ben Ledi hill path via the Bochastle Car Park. We are currently carrying out felling operations on the forest road network including a site of diseased larch, infected with Phytopthora Ramorum. Find out more about how to protect our forest from tree disease here.
· The Blue waymarked Craigievern Trail is now open. The Forest Management mounding work has been completed.
· We have recently had to fell larch trees infected with the disease Phytophthora Ramorum in the Garadhban area. Find out more about how to protect our forest from tree disease here.
· We are carrying out path improvement works on the blue waymarked Easter Park Trail, beginning at Lemahamish Car Park and the green waymarked Doon Hill Trail beginning in Aberfoyle. These works will be carried out in October + November to improve drainage and surfacing. The trails will remain open during this time.
The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre –
· We will be carrying out path improvement works on the white waymarked, accessible Waterfall Trail at The Lodge in November. The trail will remain open during this time but please be aware there may be some sections of the path that will not be passable in a wheelchair or mobility scooter. The FLS Team at The Lodge will advise on access regularly while the path works are taking place.
Loch Ard –
· All FLS promoted trails from Milton remain open but there will be timber haulage wagons on the forest road from Ghlennain Lochan to Milton Car Park from now until November 2022. Please follow all on site signage and advice from operators.
· Please be aware of timber haulage on the forest road network at here between now and November 2022. Please obey any on site signage and advice from operators.
· Please be aware of timber haulage on the forest road network at Lemahamish between now and November 2022. The trail and car park remain open but please obey any on site signage and advice from operators.
We ask that visitors follow all on site signage when out on the trails and choose an alternative route if the one you had planned to use is closed. For updated information of our trails please keep an eye on the destination pages linked via the main QEFP webpage.
Looking for a new bike? Don’t forget to buy your Stirling Lottery tickets for this weekend for a chance to win a £1000 bike voucher and support Thornhill Community Trust at the same time.
Not signed up? Only £1 per ticket, weekly draws, 50% to Thornhill Community Trust. Enter here.
We all know that trees are good for the environment and benefit wildlife so come and join us on the South Common to help plant some baby trees.
No experience necessary, just enthusiasm and willingness to get stuck in!