The TCT AGM will be held in the Community Hall on 24th May 2016
This is a reminder that all community groups within Thornhill are welcome to use the website and to register as authors. It is easy to add notices, and simple to set you up as an author. Please contact Bea or thornhillstirling at gmail dot com.
Thornhill Gardening Society
5th September 2015
Schedules have been delivered throughout the village – come and bring your entries (Friday evening or Saturday morning before 9.30am)
Doors open at 2pm
Our website is being updated and revamped! All village groups will be able to have a noticeboard page.
in 2011 the TCT helped to develop a footpath from Thornhill Vilaageto the Muir Dam c.2km north of the village. See the map of the Muir Dam path.
Regular path maintenance days are held on to repair and replace stiles, put up new way-marking posts and signs, strimming and general path clearing. Thanks to everyone who can help.
Thornhill has many active community groups:
- North Common Trust – manage the North Common for the community
- Community Hall Management Committee – run the Community Hall
- Church Guild – Norrieston Church
- Women’s Rural Institute
- Thornhill Gardening Society – runs a Seed Order in Dec-Jan, holds a Plant Sale in May, and the Thornhill Flower Show in September
- Thornhill Players – amateur dramatics, several performances a year
- Mother & Toddlers – pre-pre-school play session on Monday mornings
- Playgroup – pre-school sessions, Tuesday and Friday mornings
- Thornhill Kids Club – after school care for primary pupils (3.15 to 6pm school days and full days during holidays)
- Brownies, Rainbows, Young Farmers
- Thornhill Primary School and its Parents Council
- Table Tennis – (kids), Badminton Club (adults), Thornhill Football Club – a very successful team playing Apr to Sept, Fitness classes
- Lodge Blairhoyle – meet in the smallest purpose built Masonic lodge in the world
- West Moss-side – venue for crafts courses and events on an organic farm
- Gala Committee – organise the Gala in August