Applications for the Organised Outdoor Community Play Fund are now open. Funded by the Scottish Government, it aims to support charities who provide organised outdoor play opportunities for children and families in Scotland’s most deprived communities.
In 2020-21, the fund distributed £380,000 across 23 play charities, reaching more than 5,000 children in Scotland. This year, a total of £500,000 is being provided to help charities who facilitate outdoor play for children and their families.
Applications for up to £25,000 will be considered, though the average award is likely to be less than this.
- Must be a registered Scottish charity.
- Delivery in top 2 deciles of deprivation – 20% SIMD (please read the guidance notes for further information on this)
- Funding to support children and their families to access outdoor play.
- Only outdoor free play – not applicable to organised sports.
- Cannot duplicate any statutory, ELC or school provision.
Applications close at midday on Monday April 26th 2021.
Find out more and apply online via the Inspiring Scotland website.