Information from Councillor Martin Earl
- Temporary restrictions on waste types and vans/trailers have been lifted at Polmaise and Callander recycling centres.
Residents can now deposit all normal household waste, including glass and bulky items, while drivers of commercially liveried vans and trailers will also be allowed on-site to deposit residential household waste from their own property.
The Council is now in a position to reopen all waste streams at both tips, and introduce weekend operating hours.
The Council is currently reviewing re-opening arrangements for Balfron recycling centre that remains closed. A further announcement to be made in due course.
New Recycling Centre Opening Hours
Polmaise will be open: Mon-Sun 9am to 4pm (last entry into the queue)
Callander will be open: Mon-Fri 5pm to 7.30pm (last entry into the queue) and Saturday 10am to 1.30pm (last entry into the queue).
Full details on waste deposit arrangements at Polmaise and Callander are available on the tips page of the Stirling Council website.
2. Here is the latest updated guide to the support available in Scotland to people, businesses and charities affected by COVID-19
This now includes:
- The closing of the Job Retention Scheme to new applications – except those returning from parental leave.
- The closing of application for business support grants on July 10.
- The opening of applications for grants from businesses in shared premises.
- The allocation of further funding to FareShare Scotland to support charitable food distribution.
- The automatic extension of photocard driving licences.
3. Link to small B&B fund application page